The occasion will happen at Sonatel Headquarters within the Senegalese capital.
The Seedstars Dakar winner will signify Senegal on the Seedstars Africa summit which will probably be held in Johannesburg in December (see this story) the place they’ll get an opportunity to win a spot on the Seedstars Global Summit in Switzerland.
The Seedstars Dakar winner will signify Senegal on the Seedstars Africa and Seedstars International summits
On the summit, the winner will take residence a $500 000 funding prize, in addition to obtain entry to a 3 month investment readiness programme.
The eight startups pitching at Seedstars Dakar are:
- Afrikamart: This startup goals to grow to be the biggest high quality contemporary meals provider in West Africa. The startup’s resolution tackles the challenges of entry to market, logistics and environment friendly agriculture within the contemporary meals sector.
- Amalog Afrique: Amalog Africa aggregates a variety of e-commerce web sites on a single platform, permitting prospects the acquisition merchandise at decrease value.
- Car Rapide Prestige: Logistics and supply service startup which additionally affords a non-public rental service.
- Beinday: Beinday permits anybody to be on-line through its free Wi-Fi entry factors.
- Keys Job: Keys job is an applicant monitoring system. Other than recruitment companies, the platform additionally affords on-line training programs for job seekers.
- Nima Codes: This startup provide a easy telephone quantity addressing system for locations with out formal avenue addresses.
- SenVitale: SenVitale has developed a digital well being passport which tracks and shops vital medical data.
- Niaata: Niaata is a cell software which goals to assist native producers and craftsmen promote and market their merchandise to the remainder of the world
The eight will pitch in entrance of a jury panel comprised of Brightmore managing associate Ndeye Thiaw, Netherlands Belief Fund 1V ITC nationwide coordinator Diabel Ndaw, Grofin funding supervisor Elhadji Malick Soumare and Seedstars World regional supervisor for Africa Claudia Makadristo.
Final 12 months’s version was received by funds startup Sudpay (see this story).
Learn extra: Four startups from Zanzibar event win chance to pitch at Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Learn extra: Here are the 10 Tanzanian startups pitching right now at Seedstars Zanzibar
Learn extra: Fintech startup Growth Factor wins Seedstars Accra
Learn extra: Seedstars announces Joburg as host city for its Africa summit
Learn extra: P2P micro lending marketplace Pezesha wins Seedstars Nairobi
Featured picture: Jeff Attaway through Flickr (CC BY 2.0)