New York, 19 June 2020 – Eight know-how corporations in creating and rising economies will obtain funding from the UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund (CryptoFund) to unravel native and world challenges.
The CryptoFund will make investments 125 ETH every within the eight corporations – from seven nations – to develop prototypes, pilot, or scale their applied sciences over six months: Afinidata, Avyantra, Cireha, Ideasis, OS Metropolis, StaTwig, Somleng and Utopic.
All investees have beforehand obtained as much as $100,000 from UNICEF’s Innovation Fund and are actually receiving cryptocurrency to proceed the event of their open-source and digital public items.
Throughout the scope of their know-how, a number of investees are working to mitigate the hardships of COVID-19 on kids and youth around the globe. They’re collaborating with nationwide governments and native companions to ship very important messages on COVID-19, observe the effectiveness of rice supply to weak communities, enhance kids’s literacy via distant studying, deal with pandemic and isolation-related anxieties, and different very important options.
“We’re seeing the digital world come at us extra rapidly than we may have imagined – and UNICEF should be capable of use all the instruments of this new world to assist kids as we speak and tomorrow,” says Chris Fabian, Senior Adviser, co-Lead, UNICEF Ventures. “The switch of those funds – to eight corporations in seven nations around the globe – took lower than 20 minutes and value us lower than $20. Nearly instantaneous world motion of worth, charges of lower than 0.00009% of the whole quantity transferred, and real-time transparency for our donors and supporters are the sorts of instruments we’re enthusiastic about.”
- Afinidata (Guatemala) is additional creating its AI-based app to supply mother and father with customized early childhood academic actions.
- Avyantra (India) is increasing the performance of its well being app which makes use of information science to assist frontline well being employees within the early prognosis of neonatal sepsis.
- Cireha (Argentina) is scaling the attain of its accessible app in three nations to assist extra kids with speech impairments talk utilizing symbols.
- Ideasis (Turkey) is transitioning its publicity remedy device from VR to WebVR to handle anxieties and phobias from customers’ houses. They’ll develop new remedy eventualities to handle COVID-19 and isolation-related problems.
- OS City (Mexico) is issuing blockchain-based authorities belongings, heading in the direction of issuing 1,000 blockchain IDs to allocate kids’s academic diplomas.
- StaTwig (India) is piloting its blockchain-based app by partnering with the Authorities of India to trace and enhance the supply of rice and assist their effort to safe meals for hundreds of thousands dwelling in poverty – a necessity amplified by the onset of COVID-19.
- Somleng (Cambodia) is scaling its low-cost Interactive Voice Response platform by partnering with the Authorities of Cambodia to ship very important details about COVID-19.
- Utopic (Chile) is transitioning its studying recreation from VR to WebVR and empowering educators to evaluate, observe, and assist enhance kids’s studying abilities from their houses throughout COVID-19 containment measures and past.
Chosen from nearly 40 startups which have graduated from the UNICEF Innovation Fund, these eight corporations have undergone technical evaluations, high quality assessments of their open-source tech options, proof of influence and extra. They be a part of three different grantees that obtained the Fund’s first cryptocurrency funding final yr.
In addition to funding, investees obtain enterprise progress mentorship, product, and technical help, open-source and UX and UI growth, entry to specialists and companions, in addition to alternatives to showcase their options.
The UNICEF Innovation Fund and CryptoFund at the moment have an open name for blockchain options to use for funding (as much as $100,000 and cryptocurrency mixed) and mentorship. Extra particulars right here: www.unicef.org/innovation/applyBlockchainCrypto
Be aware to editors:
Prototypes of software program, platforms and purposes can be found, demonstrations could be organized upon request.